When, it comes to, our health, and well – being, it often takes, a considerable amount of discipline and commitment, to maximize our possibilities! One of the essential lessons, to learn, and heed, is, using moderation, in a variety of areas, where doing so, is possible, and may, make sense! Doesn’t it, make sense, it may be easier, to pursue, our personal best – interests, if, instead of trying, to, over – do things/ actions/ behaviors, we proceeded, with ways, which seemed, more plausible, and made the transitions/ changes, appear, more reasonable, etc? With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 areas, where this, will often, improve our overall health, and well – being.
1. Eating habits: If, you have eaten, a certain way/ diet, etc, for many years, changing, dramatically, overnight, may seem, overwhelming, and, thus, this becomes, one of the key reasons, so many diets, and weight – loss plans, fail! A more – moderate, sensible approach, might be, pursuing, a step – by – step, baby step’s, approach, and researching options, and alternatives, considering, your personal needs, and what foods, you most desire, and coming – up, with a viable, applicable, solution!
2. Drinking – in moderation: Unless, one has alcohol dependency, issues/ challenges, and, enjoys, having an occasional drink, drinking – in moderation, may be a sensible approach! Don’t drink, because you feel, you need one, but, rather, only, when you want one! Discover, what you enjoy, and why, and do so, occasionally, but, not, all the time! Never use drinking as a crutch, or excuse, for anti – social behavior!
3. Lifestyle – related: During our life, our needs, lifestyle, overall health, etc, may, often, change, several times! It is foolish to attempt to, live the same lifestyle, when you are 50, and over, as you did, when you were in your twenties, and thirties! Some of these areas, when moderating behaviors, may be personally, helpful, include, bed – time (amount of sleep, needed, etc), social activities, dinner – time, etc.
4. Exercise: Appropriate exercise, is, usually, a smart component/ part of an overall health, and well – being, program, and approach! One should consult his trusted, health professional, especially, when, either making significant changes, or embarking, on something new, from an exercise – perspective!
5. Control temper/ anger: There may, at – times, be, a fine – line, between, controlling one’s temper, and anger levels, and holding things – in, excessively! Finding a smart compromise, which works, for you, is beneficial, and worthwhile!
If you hope to enjoy a healthier, happier life, doesn’t it make sense, to proceed, with well – considered, moderation? Will you be willing to give yourself, a much – needed, checkup – from – the – neck – up. to find, how to use, moderation, for your best, personal results?